This article was published by The Age on 22 October, 2013.
All five lanes on the Monash Freeway have reopened following a major multi-vehicle collision that threw peak-hour traffic into chaos.
The freeway was closed outbound for almost two hours on Tuesday, causing delays to stretch back to the Burnley Tunnel.
A Vicroads spokesman warned motorists would continue to expect traffic snarls on approach, despite the lanes being reopened.
Victoria Police said a truck jack-knifed and blocked traffic.
They said the collision also involved three cars.
The Monash had been closed at Wellington Road and traffic was being diverted along Wellington Road.
An ambulance spokesman said paramedics had taken a woman with a head injury to The Alfred hospital and another patient to Dandenong Hospital in a stable condition.
The crash happened in Mulgrave shortly after 4pm.